STC and XPath

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 5 08:06:04 PDT 2007

Hi Matthew,

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Matthew Graham wrote:
> Now I thought that the whole point of using
> elementFormDefault="unqualified" in the schema was that it allowed us to use
> namespace-unaware XPath statements - clearly I'm missing something.

It requires that all imported schemas also use
elementFormDefault="unqualified".  Since STC does not do this, it doesn't
work for the STC elements.  If the voe schema does use it, then this xpath
should work:

/voe:VOEvent/WhereWhen/ObsDataLocation/stc:ObservationLocation/stc:AstroCoords/stc:Position2D/stc:Value2/stc:C1

(which schema is ObsDataLocation in?  I forget.)

The VOResource records have the same issue.  You can go sans prefix until
you get to the STC bits.

hope this helps,
Ray