Qualifying namespace in schema

roy at cacr.caltech.edu roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed May 17 10:16:15 PDT 2006

On May 16, 2006, at 1:57 PM, Matthew Graham wrote:
Following the proposal to set elementFormDefault="unqualified" in the
resource schema, I am wondering whether we should adopt this for VOEvent
as well. What this does is mean that namespaces do not need to be
specified in an instance document.

Matthew
Maybe I am reading your suggestion wrong, but when I try this, I end up
with packets that have namespace definitions *everywhere* -- see below for
snippet with all these voe: before each element.

Is this what you are suggesting?
Roy

   <voe:What>
        <voe:Group name="SQUARE_GALAXY_FLUX">
            <voe:Param name="counts" value="73288" unit="ct"
ucd="phot.count"/>
            <voe:Param name="peak" value="1310" unit="ct/s"
ucd="arith.rate;phot.count"/>
        </voe:Group>
        <voe:Param name="seeing" value="2" unit="arcsec"
ucd="instr.obsty.site.seeing"/>
        <voe:Reference
uri="http://raptor.lanl.gov/data/lightcurves/235649409"/>
        <voe:Description>This is the light curve associated with the
observation.</voe:Description>
    </voe:What>