Qualifying namespace in schema

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue May 16 13:57:37 PDT 2006

Hi,

Following the proposal to set elementFormDefault="unqualified" in the
resource schema, I am wondering whether we should adopt this for VOEvent
as well. What this does is mean that namespaces do not need to be
specified in an instance document (except on the root element) - this
results in a slightly smaller packet but also means that XPath
statements do not require namespace qualification and so Roy's
pseudo-code queries suddenly work as are. Note, however, that STC
components would (currently) still require the namespace specification.

    Cheers,

    Matthew