another logo possibility

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Wed Dec 20 04:19:00 PST 2006

Rob Seaman wrote:
> Tossed some of the other ideas together in the blender.  Haven't
> tried very hard to optimize the different formats.  Might look
> awful inverting for a dark background.  Don't miss the Flash version.

Sorry Rob, but the lines are too thin, its not going to scale well.

We need something that is either a square badge shape which doesn't
have much small detail so it can be scaled, or a rectangular (longer
across than up/down) shape which can be used as a header on a
website, presentation or even (shock, horror!) on paper. Preferably both

A good logo has to be;

1) simple

2) scalable (see simple)

3) be visible on dark/light backgrounds

4) low number of colours (using blocks of colour, see scalable)

5) anti-aliased

6) standard shape

and preferably when you "ship" it, you should be able to make a
vectorised version available (PDF or PS) and several high resolution
PNGs (on white background, on black, on transparent) all of which are
anti-aliased.

Al.