XSD - new VALID schema

Petr Kubanek Petr.Kubanek at obs.unige.ch
Thu Aug 10 03:43:49 PDT 2006

Hi,

I put on web new valid XSD schema for VOEvent. Validator output can be viewed there:

http://www.validome.org/xml/validate/?lang=en&viewSourceCode=1&url=http://isdc.unige.ch/%7ekubanek/voevent/test.xml

The schema used before was not valid, primary due to minor errors as missing type declaration for Why, Who etc complexTypes. And I put documentation from <!-- to <xs:annotation, so if somebody will use some XML Schema designer, he will get documentation on-line. And I changed few minOccurs and maxOccurs.

I'm not making claims about human readability of non valid documents, I'm just claiming that if you use XML parsers (not Perl RE one-liners) to parse non valid document, you might have troubles with them.

Petr