OGLE Event Timeline

Andrew Drake ajd at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue Aug 1 11:53:55 PDT 2006

Hi Alasdair,

A while back I asked you whether you would be sending out VOEvents for
OGLE's microlensing anomaly alerts. These are probably the most important
microlensing alerts to send as VOEvents as they are the most time critical.
Has any progress been made toward distributing these as VOEvents?
As these alerts are already emailed by OGLE to an open list of subscribers
it should be possible to create VOEvents for these by processing the alert
emails.

I think the columns for OGLE events should be displayed with the same kind
of information as the OGLE alert page. That is, the fit values for the
baseline magnitude, timescale, time and value of peak magnification as
well as the RA and Dec. The field, star number, and alert time seem of
lower importance. I agree with Josh that it would be good to see the
anomaly events marked different on the top display and perhaps in the
table.

cheers,
       Andrew