VOEvent II - First Announcement

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Sep 26 12:54:55 PDT 2005

Hi Alasdair,

> From the Google directions it looks like while the Marriott is
> further away, you have to cross a freeway from the Sheraton to get
> to the University, so it isn't going to be walkable. Is either/both
> of these hotels physically walkable from to the NOAO?

Either is eminently walkable - in December.  Even in the Summer,
we've often chosen to walk across campus to the vicinity of the
Marriott for lunch or after-hours get-togethers.  The Marriott is
located in the usual campus business district.  On the other hand,
the "freeway" is just one of Tucson's major streets, but there are
"Walk" signals at the intersections.  Would advise not jaywalking,
but many do.  Will get further info about wireless, etc., but this
may have to wait until after ADASS.

> PS. It's still in the early stages, but the HTN consortium is
> putting together our wiki at http://www.telescope-networks.org/wiki
> you might be interested in having a look about...

Cool!

Rob