VOEvent v1.0 released

Frederic V. Hessman hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.de
Mon Jul 11 04:14:04 PDT 2005

On 11 Jul 2005, at 12:10 pm, Rob Seaman wrote:

> Version 1.0 of the VOEvent specification has been uploaded to the
> twiki:
>
>     http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IvoaVOEvent
>
> along with revised copies of the three examples (simple, typical,
> indirection packet), a v1.0 schema that will validate the examples,
> and a document model diagram that may help clarify future discussions.
>  In a neat demonstration of reality informing previous virtual
> discussion, the server hosting the STC schema is down currently - but
> both Oxygen and the W3C XML Schema Validator
> (http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv) repeatedly validated (or
> failed to, as appropriate) various test packets earlier today.  A
> 24/7/365 sky monitoring program obviously cannot afford dependencies
> on the health of external servers.  We might want to open the
> post-v1.0 era seeking comments on how best to serve the schemata.

Problems of this sort are not at all unexpected : there's no way I
would operate a VOEvent-aware project without
mirroring the schemata in some fashion or another (VOEvent, STC, RTML,
....).  Thus, this is an important example of use,
but no real problem.

Rick

------------------------
                                             NEW ADDRESS!!!
Dr. Frederic V. Hessman     Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.DE
Institut für Astrophysik          Tel.  +49-551-39-5052
Friedrich-Hund-Platz 1         Fax +49-551-39-5043
37077 Goettingen                 Room F04-133
http://www.Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.de/~hessman
MONET: a MOnitoring NEtwork of Telescopes
http://monet.Uni-Goettingen.de