New UCDs for VOEvent please

Frederic V. "Rick" Hessman Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.de
Tue Apr 26 03:28:32 PDT 2005

Gentlemen (and Ladies?),

I've added more VOEvent examples, several suggestions for IVOA/UCD to
the proposed
object/event/process UCD list at

	http://monet.uni-sw.gwdg.de/twiki/bin/view/VOEvent/
UnifiedContentDescriptors

(which I've tentatively called "VOThings" for the lack of any better
name - "VOObjects"
sounds a bit too software-ish and something like "VOZoology" sounds too
trite) and
have achieved a fairly complete equivalence to the ApJ/A&A/MN keyword
list, including
things like most types of variable stars.

If something like this list has already been created, I'd appreciate
hearing about
it before I put much more work into our own.

May I suggest that the issue of an additional UCD be placed prominently
in the Kyoto
discussion, since it tangents the work of many different groups (e.g.
VOTable, VOEvent,
Virtual Repository, Data Modelling).  I'd love to go to Kyoto, but it's
a long way away......

Rick

Dr. Frederic V. Hessman      Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.DE
Universitaets-Sternwarte     Tel.  +49-551-39-5052
Geismarlandstr. 11                Fax +49-551-39-5043
37083 Goettingen                 http://www.uni-sw.gwdg.de/~hessman