New UCDs for VOEvent please

Frederic V. "Rick" Hessman Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.de
Mon Apr 25 01:18:24 PDT 2005

Before everyone stars to put too much work into a list, I suggest
looking at the one I've started at
our VOEvent Twiki site:

	http://monet.uni-sw.gwdg.de/twiki/bin/view/VOEvent/
UnifiedContentDescriptors

It's based on the ApJ keywords (a likely place to start, it would seem
to me).  Everyone
is heartily invited to register at
http://monet.uni-sw.gwdg.de/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration
and edit on the list communally.  This also gives you write-access to
the VOEvent and RTML schema
pages.

Rick

P.S. The schema at
http://monet.uni-sw.gwdg.de/twiki/bin/view/VOEvent/
SchemaTableOfContents
isn't quite there yet, but very soon now.....

On 22 Apr 2005, at 8:16 pm, Andrew Becker wrote:

> Hi all - A quick read-through suggests a couple omissions in the
> "object types" - there are no basic "star" categories!  E.g flare
> star, periodic variable star, AGB star, main sequence star, etc...
>
> /\

Dr. Frederic V. Hessman      Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.DE
Universitaets-Sternwarte     Tel.  +49-551-39-5052
Geismarlandstr. 11                Fax +49-551-39-5043
37083 Goettingen                 http://www.uni-sw.gwdg.de/~hessman