Call for theory talks at Victoria interop

Gerard Lemson glemson1 at jhu.edu
Tue Apr 17 14:53:54 CEST 2018

Hi
Cc-ing the DM group as well.
Can we join the discussion on semantics and in particular the URI syntax for semantic concepts to the way vo-dml aims to use semantic vocabularies, and how they can be used in the mapping definition?
VO-DML slightly generalizes from the way vo-urp (as used in SimDM) used <<skosconcept>>, but it is otherwise pretty much the same.
In the mapping syntax we have to acknowledge that different archives may use their own terms or codes for the various concepts and we have an OPTIONMAPPING to allow annotators to indicate the proper translation. This then needs/may need a standardized way to identify the concept indeed.
Cheers
Gerard

PS
Hope this mail arrives, as my previous one did not make it to the list yet.