Call for theory talks at Victoria interop

Hervé Wozniak herve.wozniak at umontpellier.fr
Mon Apr 16 12:04:22 CEST 2018

Hi Carlos,

one current task for theory is to provide a clear place for its
vocabulary. This is mandatory to be able to provide a revision for
SimDM, to which I have committed myself.

After a long discussion on theory and semantics, launched by Marco on
May 19th 2017 and suspended after Franck's mail on Oct 9th, it has been
suggested (by Marco and Mireille I guess) to move the discussion at TCG
level in Santiago. Indeed, any solution mixes formal (IVOA consistence)
and technical (subdomain redirection) aspects. I wasn't in Santiago, so
I don't know what the decisions are.

However, without any progress on this issue, it is impossible to move to
a revision, even cosmetic, of SimDM.

So my participation in the Victoria meeting depends on our capacity to
conclude.

Cheers
Hervé

PS: do I summarise properly the discussions in writing that 'IVOA' has
to decided between:

http://(www).ivoa.net/vocabularies/theory/vocabulary#ConceptName
or
http://purl.ivoa.net/theory/vocabulary#ConceptName

provided that any solution allows for redirection towards an external
server for curation (e.g. purl.obspm.fr/vocab)

--
Herve WOZNIAK
Astronome

Directeur-adjoint
LUPM
UMR5299 Université de Montpellier - CNRS
Place Eugène Bataillon - CC 72
F-34095 Montpellier Cédex 05

Tel/Phone : +33 4 6714 3902   Fax : +33 4 6714 4190

skype : herve.wozniak
http://herve.wozniak.fr/