Spectra DM for theoretical spectra?

Carlos Rodrigo Blanco crb at laeff.inta.es
Wed Jun 3 06:28:09 PDT 2009

> PLEASE also look into the SimDB data model.
> It already allows you to describe the provenance/history of
> synthetic/simulation data products.
> Why is that not good for you?

Sure, sure, I will do. I just find it too hard for my week brain and still
haven't been able to understand it ;-) (actually I have to say that I
don't find the time to do more than "take a look to it" and SimDB is not
simple enough so that it's enough with that )

In fact, I _think_ (I underline it because it's only my first impression)
that, as you say, SimDB makes a lot of effort to describe a lot of things
about the provenance of the model (and I guess it can be most useful for
that in the case of theoretical spectra or other kind of
"microsimulations", I don't dare to say if better or worse that he ObsDM
provenance because I honestly don't know).

But all the parameters that I am interested now are just "properties" that
each model developer has to define. If that's so, it doesn't help much to
solve the problem that I'm talking about. Actually I think that this is
not such a difficult problem and it can be addressed in different ways
(from simple to complicated, inside or outside simdb, inside or outside
some data model... who knows), but I just wanted to highlight that it
exists (or that's what I think)

Carlos