Re: in place of Hervé(herve.wozniak at newb6.u-strasbg.fr)

Santi Cassisi cassisi at oa-teramo.inaf.it
Fri Feb 20 01:36:03 PST 2009

Dear Mireille and All,
I apologize for not replying neither to the message of Miguel nor to
that of Herve', but I have not been in the conditions of doing this...
I am not an expert about protocols etc. In any case my position is
the following:
1) I fully agree with the Herve'' s statement " something can not be
considered accepted if the others do not express their opinion"..
  I think that we should start a discussion (see below).

2) concerning the S3 protocol, as far as I know it can not be
considered a standard. However, it seems to me that it has some
advantages... but also some problems..
BUT I am not aware at all about the pro and cons of other protocols.

So my position is that we need to start a discussion on this, but
(personally - I am sure that many of you are quite more expert than
me about protocols etc)
I think that "someone" should explain clearly the advantages and
problems of the various protocols that have been developed/proposed.

  all the best
  Santi

------=neXtPaRt_1235122565

INAF-OACTe