S3

louys at alinda.u-strasbg.fr louys at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Feb 9 08:29:02 PST 2009

Quoting Miguel Cerviño <mcs at iaa.es>:

> Dear all
>
> Some time ago, we presented in the theory list a Note describing
> the S3 protocol. It has been also presented in several conferences
> proceedings.
> We have be waited for comments, specially from SimDB efforts (has
> proposed by
> Herve in his mail just after the fall interop). Since no negative
> comment has been
> presented we assume that every body agree with the protocol and its
> development
> (or at least there is no major problems or real needs to merge S3 and
> SimDB)
>
> Please, let us know if you don not agree with that. In the mean time
> we will continue
> (and discuss in this list) further developments.
>
> I also would be very happy if any other iniciative post its
> development in the list and inform
> the rest of the persons in the list about (and do not re-invent
> developments)
>
> cheers
>
> 	Miguel

hi all, Hi Miguel,

I understand your concern in waiting for feedback. However I do not
agree with the assumption ' nobody is against , so it is approved'.
it is not the process decided in the IVOA.
But your mail is good to make people react.
I apologize that I have been unable to work on VO related efforts in
the last 5 months due to heavy teaching commitments.
Let us some time to reconsider your documents , discuss how your
services can help to come up to a set of 'good practices' and 'lessons
learnt' in the organisation of services to access theoretical data in
astronomy.
Any feedback from other people involved in simulation codes developments?

Cheers, Mireille, DM group