draft and meeting

Dave DeYoung deyoung at noao.edu
Wed Sep 13 14:44:22 PDT 2006

Dear Laurie et al.;

This seems like a very good start on this problem.  I have
a few comments to add to those of the others.  First, in
general we are not considering just "simulations" if one
wants to be precise.  Codes such as CLOUDY and various
radiative transfer codes clearly need to be included, but
they are not strictly simulations.  It's all theoretical
astrophysics, so perhaps a more general term is needed.
More specifically:
3.2 Name of Code - Not all codes have names.  e.g.,
MHD-TVD
     codes used here are not yet "named" because the
authors
     think it is frivolous.  How should these be included?
4.2 Physical Processes -  The vocabulary here is very
     incomplete, as was noted by Laurie.
4.3 Subject - There seems to be a lot of overlap or
     redundancy here with section 4.1, which is supposed
     give a description of the phenomenon being simulated.
5.3 I agree with others that the specification of the
     library is useful.
6.3 Algorithm Parameters - Here there is also a lot of
     overlap with section 5.1, Algortithm.  Perhaps these
     two should be merged or at least placed in the same
     general section.

I am sorry I will be unable to attend the Moscow meeting.
I hope you have a very productive set of discussions
there.

Best wishes,

Dave De Young