version numbers

Marco C. Leoni mleoni at eso.org
Wed Mar 31 23:37:18 PST 2004

Hi Ray,
    the "simplification" of version numbering came from some thoughts
about document process:
- do we really need 10000 versions in between ver. 0.1 and the first
published WD (i.e. ver. 1.0)?
- the documents process does not take into account the xml files et
similia: they are "supplementary resources" that means you can follow
your preferred numbering schema (CVS, RCS, VSS, etc.).

Cheers,
    Marco