Namespaces

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 01:07:30 PST 2004

It looks like we should quickly come up with a *standard* way of versioning
namespaces. This is a little out of my field: does the following suggestion
from Martin work as a standard? Or do we already have a standard?

We need to namespace standard interfaces (eg SkyNode) and any of the
parameters that those interfaces may take (eg ADQL as input, VOTable as
output).

Should we have a 'namespace' resource in the registry and use its identifier
as the namespace?

Cheers,
Tony.