new SI prefixes

Norman Gray norman.gray at glasgow.ac.uk
Fri Nov 25 17:07:22 CET 2022

Sébastien and all hello.

I've added <https://heptapod.host/nxg/unity/-/issues/13>

>  R is also used for rayleigh, but because bare unit prefixes are ungrammatical,

Indeed.  Bare 'R' would continue to parse as as rayleigh.

>  I suggest these could be added to the Table 3 of the VOUnits document.

And I agree.  And I see you've added <https://github.com/ivoa-std/VOUnits/issues/21> (beat me to it!).

If my arithmetic is right, I see that the side of a rather large barn has an area of approximately 1Qb.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  https://nxg.me.uk