[towards UcdList 1.5] comments welcome on pos.moc in VEP-UCD-003

Mireille LOUYS mireille.louys at unistra.fr
Mon Jan 17 15:05:57 CET 2022

Hi Semantics ,

I would like here to discuss VEP-UCD-003
<https://voparis-gitlab.obspm.fr/vespa/ivoa-standards/semantics/vep-ucd/-/blob/master/VEP-UCD-003.txt>
in https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/UCDList_1-5_RFM

1- I summarize the rationale as :

How to classify a metadata record of type Multi Order coverage with a UCD ?

The Multi_Order Coverage description can be on many axes , separated or
combined .

  * spatial  MOC
  * temporal T-MOC
  * spatial&temporal ST_MOC

we forsee also a Spectral flavor of MOC coverage ... like STE_MOC .

My question here is : what do we want to convey : the Multi_order nature
and the axes described ?

this does not comply to the current structure of the UCD tree for pos,
time,spect , etc.

I would prefer to have it as meta.moc , and decline the various flavors
like : meta.moc.pos( or meta.moc.s), meta.moc.time( or meta.moc.t),
meta.moc.st,

meta.moc.e for energy Mocs , if needed , etc...

2- If the MOC is described in a separate file, or extension, then
various literals should be defined to designate the name of this data
product_type. But it not a UCD.

Your comments and ideas welcome.

Thanks, Mireille

Mireille Louys,  MCF (Associate Professor)
Centre de données CDS		IPSEO, Images, Laboratoire Icube
Observatoire de Strasbourg	Telecom Physique Strasbourg
11 rue de l'Université		300, Bd Sebastien Brandt CS 10413
F- 67000-STRASBOURG		F-67412 ILLKIRCH Cedex
Tel: +33 3 68 85 24 34