VEP 6 Re: Please review VEPs 6 and 7

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Sep 15 11:47:22 CEST 2021

Dear all,
As Markus knows these are my concerns about VEP 6 as it is now.

My views have been expressed in my email  of June the 16th at 12:47 and
on July the 2nd at 18:47 (answer to Pat Dowler).

They are close to Mireille's ones but not quite identical when finding a
solution is concerned.

As Pat wrote there are two use cases for "calibration stuff".
Use case A : calibration already used in producing this

Use case B : calibration stuff to be used to reduce #this

With Markus new definition we encompass use case B, while the old one
was pretty OK for use case A.

Several people (Paul Harrisson, Pat, Baptiste, Mireille, me) claim that
Use case A exist. I don't have an example under the hand right now but I
know it exists.

We have to find a solution valid for all use cases. My proposal in June
(combining calibration terms  with "applied" and ";applicable") may be
not the best but the problem has to be discussed and solved.

I know that Markus gave up pushing use case A to "progenitor" which is
already good but still let the problem for use case A open.

Cheers
François