Discussion om concept UCD: meta.ref.pid

Yan Grange grange at astron.nl
Mon Nov 8 21:22:48 CET 2021

Dear Anne,

That is a good catch. That was a remainder from the first version where
I didn't realise the broadness of the PIDs. Also because the concrete
application I had to want to request this was because my data has EPIC
PIDs, which obviously are not DOIs. I think my realisation of the broad
application of PIDs was not even complete, but this seems to me more
like an argument to not only have one specific implementation of PIDs in
the UCDs, and not at least a general one.

So I thank you for pointing that out, ask the working group to ignore
that sentence, and apologise for the confusion I caused :).

Cheers,

Yan