VEP-UCD-006

Mireille LOUYS mireille.louys at unistra.fr
Fri Dec 3 15:27:01 CET 2021

Hi Yan ,

Thank you , it is the perfect place .
This can be discussed further now with the UCD science board which is
the group where
scientific discussion can happen about the terms to transform or include .

Unlike for the vocabularies in ivoa.net/rdf , this is the group to
consult for UCDs and not the TCG committee.

I'll give more feedback next week about this,
many thanks , Mireille

Le 03/12/2021 à 14:28, Yan Grange a écrit :
> Heya,
>
> I proceeded to submit my proposal for the PID UCD (I hope). I think it
> would be really cool to have meta.ref.pid which then has sub types
> like meta.ref.doi, meta.ref.orcid, ... but I do get this breaks the
> already existing position of meta.ref.doi. So my proposal is then to
> put them at the same level.
>
> Please let me know if I did it correctly by putting it here:
> https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/UCDList_1-5_RFM
>
> Also I'd like to make a suggestion: I am slightly puzzled by the fact
> that the proposing for UCDs seems to follow a different route than
> proposing for other vocabularies. I am not exactly active in the
> working group, but if I were I would probably popose to align the two
> to make it somewhat easier for people to propose. There may be very
> good reasons for things being the way they are of course, this is
> merely the point of view of a relative newcomer who is easily confused.
>
> Cheers,
>
> YAn

Mireille Louys,  MCF (Associate Professor)
Centre de données CDS		IPSEO, Images, Laboratoire Icube
Observatoire de Strasbourg	Telecom Physique Strasbourg
11 rue de l'Université		300, Bd Sebastien Brandt CS 10413
F- 67000-STRASBOURG		F-67412 ILLKIRCH Cedex
Tel: +33 3 68 85 24 34