VEP-UCD-006

Yan Grange grange at astron.nl
Fri Dec 3 14:28:28 CET 2021

Heya,

I proceeded to submit my proposal for the PID UCD (I hope). I think it
would be really cool to have meta.ref.pid which then has sub types like
meta.ref.doi, meta.ref.orcid, ... but I do get this breaks the already
existing position of meta.ref.doi. So my proposal is then to put them at
the same level.

Please let me know if I did it correctly by putting it here:
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/UCDList_1-5_RFM

Also I'd like to make a suggestion: I am slightly puzzled by the fact
that the proposing for UCDs seems to follow a different route than
proposing for other vocabularies. I am not exactly active in the working
group, but if I were I would probably popose to align the two to make it
somewhat easier for people to propose. There may be very good reasons
for things being the way they are of course, this is merely the point of
view of a relative newcomer who is easily confused.

Cheers,

YAn

--
My working schedule likely differs from yours. Do not feel compelled to read or reply to my email(s) outside your office hours.
Dutch and English are both ok to me.

Yan Grange
SDC software developer
ASTRON
het Nederlands instituut voor radioastronomie
the Netherlands Institute for Radio Astronomy
Oude Hogeveensedijk 4
Kamer/room 1.58
7991 PD, Dwingeloo
Nederland/The Netherlands