Recall: today teleconference at 15h UTC

Zwolf Carlo-Maria Carlo-Maria.Zwolf at obspm.fr
Wed Dec 9 10:00:03 CET 2020

Dear All,

I would like to remind the today telco at 15h UTC.

Between the points we will discuss I would like to ask your opinion on two aspects:
- Should we adopt the terms coming from [ISO-19135] (accepted / not accepted, deprecated, experimental, reserved, retired, stable, submitted, superseded, valid / invalid) in place of what defined in section 4.4 of VOC2.0?
- What would be the optimal balance for semantic artifacts to be used in "Subject" field in VO-Resource? Restraining to consensus vocabularies will simplify client-side implementations but may be too restrictive for service-providers. On the other hand, having a generic semantic pointer (including to non-consensus vocabularies, or vocabularies produced outside the IVOA) may be practice for service-providers but hard to handle for client-implementors. What is the good balance?

Thank you for your attention.
Hoping to talk with you this afternoon,

Carlo.