purl, vocabularies and ivoa.net

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Thu May 25 11:02:35 CEST 2017

Dear Nicolas, dear all,

so, the preferred solution would be along the lines of

purl.ivoa.net mapped in DNS on the same machine as www.ivoa.net

purl.ivoa.net/vocab/ to host vocabularies

purl.ivoa.net/vocab/theory to redirect to Paris server

Still, I think there's a problem with the

www.ivoa.net/rdf/Vocabularies

because we'll have or duplication of locations for vocabularies or to
change the current behaviour of the endpoints.

I wonder if this thing has to move out of the Theory/Semantics list to
TCG level to make then a suggestion to Exec, because it's actually
Exec that has rights to manage the ivoa.net domain, and this looks
like a change in what's currently in there.

Any thoughts on this?

Marco