UCD stat quantities P/S question

Mark Taylor M.B.Taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 11:10:43 CEST 2016

Mireille,

thank you for this response; but actually the point made by Francois
makes a lot of sense too - if it's a mean/median/min/max of (e.g.)
a magnitude, you can still treat it as a magnitude, but if it's
a stdev/variance that's probably a bad idea.

Now I have two answers I can choose the one I like :-)
For now I will go with what's written in the document and
avoid writing something like phot.bol.mag;stat.stdev.
Cons: I can't mark something as a stdev of a known semantic quantity
Pros: downstream software won't be encouraged to do something inappropriate

Mark