Semantics and astronomy domains

Alberto Accomazzi aaccomazzi at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 10 18:00:22 PDT 2010

Hi Norman,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to attend recent IVOA meetings, so I'm
not up to speed with the current thinking of the semantics lovers in the
group.  Has there been any talk about using some community-sanctioned
namespaces, wikis, repositories for ontologies, vocabularies, etc?
After you published the skos vocabolaries it looked like ivoa.net might
become the place for this type of activity, but a less official
arrangement may give developers more flexibility and control.  In which
case this could be a good placeholder for such yet-to-be-deployed things.

Thanks,
-- Alberto

--
Dr. Alberto Accomazzi                  aaccomazzi(at)cfa harvard edu
Program Manager