Vocabularies document PR -- ready for TCG review

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Nov 4 14:09:28 PST 2008

Greetings, all.

The Vocabularies document has completed its RFC period, and I have
released a slightly amended PR document, at version 1.16.

The document is at <http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/Vocabularies.html
 >.

This is now ready for TCG review, and I have updated the RFC page at <http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VocabulariesRFC

This document includes a normative reference to the W3C SKOS standard
[std:skosref], despite the fact that, at the time this present PR was
published, the SKOS document was still a W3C Working Draft and thus
formally a "work in progress". The SKOS document is expected to become
a W3C Recommendation at the end of December 2008, and at that point we
will issue a minor update to this present document referring to the
finalised SKOS standard. The core part of the SKOS standard which this
standard refers to (that is, the concept schemes, documentation and
intravocabulary relationships) are stable, and are extremely unlikely
to change before Recommendation. The only outstanding SKOS issue which
is likely to have a material effect on this document is that the SKOS
namespace may change to a different URL.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester