Vocabularies document PR -- ready for TCG review

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Nov 4 13:43:10 PST 2008

Greetings, all.

The Vocabularies document has completed its RFC period, and I have
released a slightly amended PR document, at version 1.16.

The document is at <http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/Vocabularies.html
 >.

This is now ready for TCG review, and I have updated the RFC page at <http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VocabulariesRFC

This document includes a normative reference to the W3C SKOS standard,
despite the fact that, at the time this present PR was published, the
SKOS document was still a W3C Working Draft and thus formally a "work
in progress". The SKOS document is expected to become a W3C
Recommendation at the end of December 2008, and at that point --
presumably after TCG review has finished -- we will issue a minor
update to this present document referring to the finalised SKOS
standard, and submit the document for Exec review.

The core part of the SKOS standard which this standard refers to (that
is, the concept schemes, documentation and intravocabulary
relationships) are stable, and are extremely unlikely to change before
Recommendation. The only outstanding SKOS issue which is likely to
have a material effect on this document is that the SKOS namespace may
change to a different URL.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester