IAU thesaurus initiative?

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 04:49:15 PDT 2008

Rob and all, hello.

On 2008 Jun 19, at 20:20, Rob Seaman wrote:

> "We consider that establishing a special active Committee under
> Commission 5 for the updating process of the Astronomy Thesaurus and
> UDC52 and introducing into operation the up-to-date versions would
> be opportune and effective steps for IVO progress."
>
> The acknowledgements also make it clear that the authors have the
> Shobbrook's ear.
>
> Perhaps we should close the loop?

I agree.

On my to-do list is to set up one of a couple of pieces of software to
support collaborative vocabulary editing (I promised Rick a while ago
that I would do this, but haven't got round to it yet).

I think I'll be on that in a couple of weeks, but feel free -- you and
Rick -- to prod me if I haven't done anything about it by then.

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester