Vocabularies document -- RFC very soon

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 05:33:58 PDT 2008

Folks,

We are, as of today, very slightly behind Christophe's roadmap for the
vocabularies document.

There's only one to-do still marked in the document, concerned with
adding a link to a sample inter-vocabulary mapping.  Alasdair can add
that very quickly, when he returns from holiday at the end of this
month.  Once that's done, I suggest Sébastien makes a release of WD
1.11, calling it PR, and entering the RFC period (or whatever the
version numbering scheme requires; it confuses me).

That will mean...

RFC period: 7 July -- 11 August (5 weeks, over the summer)
TCG review: 11 August -- 15 September
PR submission to Exec
Exec review: 15 September -- 29 September
REC (assuming all reviews pass).

Any objections?

I've made a couple of minor wording changes to the document's advice
about constructing vocabulary terms, based on my experience converting
the AVM vocabulary.  The current editors' draft is as usual at [1],
with the diffs as usual available at [2].

All the best,

Norman

[1] http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/ivoa/vocabularies/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/volute/source/browse/trunk/projects/vocabularies/doc/vocabularies.xml

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester