Vocabulary Explorer Bug

Alasdair Gray agray at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 04:25:13 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I see from the web logs for the Vocabulary Explorer service [1] that
people are using the service. This is great news.

Unfortunately, I have also noticed that there is a problem when
searching for terms in the UCD vocabulary. The issue relates to
including a '.' (full stop) in the search term. This is caused by the
underlying information retrieval platform.

I'm afraid that for the moment this will have to remain as a bug until
I have time to fix this. You can retrieve these terms by entering each
word separately. For example instead of searching for
em.ir
you should search for
em ir

(Sorry about the blanket email, but I am aware that someone is
consistently searching for UCD terms and I would like to help them
improve their results.)

Cheers,

Alasdair

[1] http://explicator.dcs.gla.ac.uk/WebVocabularyExplorer/