Ont:+Vocab:

Alasdair J G Gray agray at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Tue Feb 12 02:02:03 PST 2008

Ed Shaya wrote:
> Why not add another element "pluralLabel" or just "plural"?
> Alternatively, one can add an attribute as in
> <skos:altLabel number="plural" >Supernovae</skos:altLabel >. More
> information at virtually no cost. There is nothing sacrosanct about
> the SKOS attributes.
I would suggest that we extend the skos:altLabel with our own
pluralLabel which has the properties of the alternative label but is
used to capture the plural form of a term, i.e. pluralLabel would
inherit the properties of the skos:altLabel.
> Did anyone notice the new WD at the W3C "SKOS Reference" placed on Jan
> 25, 2008?
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/
>
> It describes the OWL Ontology of SKOS.  At the end there is a section
> on extending SKOS, but it just has TODO for now.
Yep, been perusing this for a while and adjusting things in the
vocabularies document appropriately.

Alasdair

--
Dr Alasdair J G Gray