Bargaining in bad faith.. (Was: Re: Plural terms and their multiple definitions

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:17:02 PST 2008

Bad faith?!?  I'm too much the naif here to attempt coherent
shenanigans and Alasdair, Norman and Ed are too patient and polite to
be characterized so.

> Isnt this all reopening old wounds (so to speak). I thought we voted
> this
> matter closed over a month ago in favor of using Singular terms.

I may have failed to make it clear, but I was attempting to ask a
different question.  The resulting discussion has been useful.  Thanks
to all involved.

> If we continue to contravene overall sentiment and reopen these sort
> of
> issues, then we will indeed be like the DM group of past years and get
> very little done.

I dunno.  The frisson betwixt VOEvent and Semantics has seemed quite
productive.  It takes something like the U.S. Congress to contravene
overall sentiment, but my apologies if I've contravened your own.

Rob