Bargaining in bad faith.. (Was: Re: Plural terms and their multiple definitions

Brian Thomas thomas at astro.umd.edu
Mon Feb 11 10:37:15 PST 2008

On Monday 11 February 2008 9:19:17 am Rob Seaman wrote:
> Alasdair J G Gray wrote:
>
> > The above is not quite true, it is all down to our usage. It is
> > entirely possible to create a vocabulary that has separate concepts
> > for the singular and plural versions of any given term. It has been
> > an unwritten assumption that in this work we have been treating them
> > as somehow "equivalent" and hence using altLabels.

Isnt this all reopening old wounds (so to speak). I thought we voted this
matter closed over a month ago in favor of using Singular terms.

If we continue to contravene overall sentiment and reopen these sort of
issues, then we will indeed be like the DM group of past years and get
very little done.

=brian