semantics charter

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Sep 28 03:56:42 PDT 2007

I obviously did not pay much attention to the charter of this group when it
was proposed and suspect others did likewise. In the statements which Andrea
quotes (see my prev message), one part says, in relation to the SV: 'The
concepts will be described using a syntax similar to that already used for
UCDs.' I would propose that the wg either rescind this aspect of the charter
or agree to ignore it.

I wonder if it is time to rewrite the charter in a way that does not tie our
hands so closely.

T.

--
Tony Linde
Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292    Mobile: +44 (0)785 298 8840
Email:  Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Web:    http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~ael

Project Manager, EuroVO VOTech   http://eurovotech.org
Programme Manager, AstroGrid     http://www.astrogrid.org