SV and Thesaurus - decide

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 13:42:51 PDT 2007

In general I agree with creating an SV if the rest of the IVOA thinks it
will be useful (I cannot comment since there are no use cases which might
indicate its usefulness). I'm not sure anyone here has clearly elucidated
the scope of an SV either.

But I am not sure what we would be saying YES to. If it is simply that of an
SV rather than an SAV, then I'll abstain for the above reason, but am happy
for others to make the decision if they think they know what they are
deciding on.

If you're looking for any decision on your NOTE re vocabularies, Andrea,
then the answer is a definite NO: we are not ready to proceed with
developing any vocabulary since we have no decision on vocab format,
terminology format, structure (if any), grammar (if it is needed) etc.

T.