SV and Thesaurus - decide

Bernard Vatant bernard.vatant at mondeca.com
Thu Sep 20 12:18:39 PDT 2007

Frederic

> In order to help others vote, here's is a link to a re-furbished IAU
> thesaurus just waiting for someone to turn it trivially into a SKOS,
> RDF, or some other formatted IAU-compliant vocabulary, including
> tokens (original IAU labels with spaces replaced by "_"), labels,
> descriptions, alternative labels, links to broader-, narrower-,
> related- and suggested-tokens, places for different language versions,
> .... :
>
> http://www.astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~hessman/rdf/ASCII/IAU_Thesaurus.txt
> <http://www.astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de/%7Ehessman/rdf/ASCII/IAU_Thesaurus.txt>
>
> Info starts with "#" and the rest is a trivially tabbed-structured,
> looking like...
I volunteer for SKOS-ifying this stuff if you want. I'm just puzzled by
"A" vs "UF".  "UF" is a standard thesaurus construction, but I wonder
about "A".
At first sight both as likely to be interpreted the same way as
skos:altLabel, unless you want one to be more specific than the other,
in this case we can set up a specific subproperty of skos:altLabel

--

*Bernard Vatant
*Knowledge Engineering