Plural vs Singular concepts, was there a resolution? (Was: Re: Ontology dynamics and vocabulary best practice

Brian Thomas thomas at astro.umd.edu
Mon Nov 19 10:45:25 PST 2007

	Hi,

	Was there ever a vote on whether we are using singular or plural
	to define concepts? I don't understand the argument to define plural
	concepts...this makes it difficult to actually define individuals or
	instances of a concept if every concept has built into it a plurality.
	It also makes it difficult to auto-grab these terms from a dictionary,
	(I have been thinking of writing a script to scarf up terms from online
	dictionaries to insert under skos:definition).

	Regards,

	=brian

ps. Ed has created a singular version of the thesaurus in SKOS.