What use the AstroOntology

Ashish Mahabal aam at astro.caltech.edu
Mon Mar 5 16:05:39 PST 2007

This is getting very Godelsk.

The aliasing mechanism provides for consistency. We could thereby miss
some truths. We can only hope that we do not miss any interesting ones.

Flikr, blogspot are inconsistent systems in that A would define SN as
something and B would define SNe as something else, but C may presume them
to be the same. All will be happy, but at least one will be wrong.

-ashish

Ashish Mahabal, Caltech Astronomy, Pasadena, CA 91125
http://www.astro.caltech.edu/~aam aam at astro.caltech.edu

Gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.
-Luis in Larry Niven's Ringworld