[Fwd: Re: Quasar classification (in Re: WD-Ontology)]

Ed Shaya eshaya at umd.edu
Mon Mar 5 15:17:34 PST 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Quasar classification (in Re: WD-Ontology)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:08:09 +0000 (GMT)
From: Anita M. S. Richards <a.m.s.richards at manchester.ac.uk>
To: Ed Shaya <eshaya at umd.edu>
<200703012258.35784.kjetil at kjernsmo.net> <45E8AD76.4000902 at umd.edu>
<200703032048.24671.kjetil at kjernsmo.net>
<Pine.LNX.4.62.0703032123240.16359 at hecate.jb.man.ac.uk>
<45EC5197.2030400 at umd.edu>

Hi Ed,

Thanks for an expert view. Most of waht you say illustrates well the need
not to make definitions rigid - that way they cannot be contradictory -
and there has already been plenty of development of 'ranking' algorithms
so that it should be easy to avoid ending up with everything as both a
sub- and a super-set of everything else...

cheers

Dr. Anita M. S. Richards, AstroGrid Astronomer
MERLIN/VLBI National Facility, University of Manchester,
Jodrell Bank Observatory, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK11 9DL, U.K.
tel +44 (0)1477 572683 (direct); 571321 (switchboard); 571618 (fax).