Simple Knowledge Organisation Systems

Kjetil Kjernsmo kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Mon Mar 5 13:38:02 PST 2007

All,

I just wanted to point out SKOS, or Simple Knowledge Organisation
Systems, which is a W3C work on knowledge organisation. It might be
that some astronomical ontologies might as well be modelled as a SKOS
application.

I'm a (somewhat inactive) member of the Semantic Web Deployment WG,
which is the working group creating the specifications. If you find it
interesting, there is a call for use cases at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2006Dec/0036.html
which you may respond to, or I may relay them to the WG.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer
kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Homepage: http://www.kjetil.kjernsmo.net/     OpenPGP KeyID: 6A6A0BBC