How to avoid abbreviation collision in Astronomy

Chenzhou CUI ccz at bao.ac.cn
Thu Dec 13 07:01:51 PST 2007

Just noticed a paper from Astro-ph mailing list. It is the "UCD" abbreviation in the title that calls my attention. After reading the abstract, I know, "UCD" here is completely different from the IVOA UCD.

Should we try to avoid abbreviation collision at least in Astronomy? How to get it?

\\
arXiv:0712.1821