some remarks on VOEvent

Ed Shaya edward.j.shaya.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 6 08:55:29 PDT 2005

Bernard,
    I agree with this also.  Doesn't this all mean that VOEvent should
hasObservation?  Shouldn't we be working with Jonathan's UML of an
Observation to create that Ontology first.  Most of what is in the
VOEvent presented at the last NVO meeting is like Observation but done
in a different way.   I could understand wanting a simpler format for
Observation but the better way to provide that is to have restrictions
on Observation.  Perhaps there can be a SimpleFormatObservation subclass
of Observation.
    I would think a VOEvent could take multiple Observations.  For
instance, one day one has images and spectra and then three days later
one has more images and spectra.   One notices significant changes in
both so you send out a VOEvent. Are there 4 Observations or 1?  And what
if you include supporting Observations by a colleague at another
observatory?

Ed