Quantity in SED, VOEvent (Was: Re: some semantic puzzles from VOEvent

Brian Thomas thomas at astro.umd.edu
Thu Jun 2 13:44:54 PDT 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 03:45 pm, Roy Williams wrote:
> (3) In VOEvent, there is a section for saying what was measured, and it
> is a collection of parameters that are characterized by UCD. For
> example PEAK_COUNT=3243 and R-MAG=17.5 and BANANA_FLUX=4.654. If I have
> a lot of  VOEvent packets that refer to the same astrophysical event,
> can I extract a SED or light-curve (or time-dependent SED) by
> federating all the separate observations?

	Roy,

	As was pointed out at the NVO Team meeting in April, this section of
	VOEvent should be captured as quantity(s). This, in tandem with adoption
	of quantities in the measured phenomena portion of the SED model, would
	make what you desire happen more or less seamlessly. I have a quantity-based
	SED model sitting about here somewheres.. from what I recall its not terribly
	different looking than the current non-q sed one.

	=brian

ps cross-posted only because this went to 'semantics' first. Please continue on dm list,
if desired.

--