UMLS (Unified Medical Language System)

Alan Rector rector at cs.man.ac.uk
Sat Sep 28 09:04:53 PDT 2002

Roy

The UMLS is a major resource managed by the US National Library of
Medicine.  It provides a cross reference of most of the major medical
and many bio ontologies.  Lots of information available on the web.

It is probably more a resource to link to and develop from than develop.

It's free, but there is a fairly complex licensing agreement because
much of the material contained is subject to various copyright agreements.

What can be re-used depends on the category of IP agreement in the
license.

Regards

Alan

--