VEP-015: relationship_type#References

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Mar 5 09:33:47 CET 2024

Dear Semantics, dear Registry,

We have a new VEP on the Registry's vocabulary of relationship types,
VEP-015: https://github.com/ivoa-std/VEPs/blob/main/VEP-015.txt.

Here is its text:

  Vocabulary: http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/voresource/relationship_type
  Author: gilles.landais at unistra.fr
  Date: 2022-12-15

  New Term: References
  Action: Addition
  Label: references

  Used-in: The registry record ivo://edu.gavo.org/hd/gavo_addpms (and most
    other IVOA document records; cf.
    <http://dc.zah.uni-heidelberg.de/wirr/q/ui/fixed?field0=restype&operator0=%3D&operand0=doc%3Adocument>)

  Rationale: This term is proposed to replace the deprecated term "related-to"
    in the registry relationships. In VizieR, "related-to" refers VO resources
    which are linked by their biliographic references.

    For instance, a VizieR catalogue V is attached to a bibliographic reference.
    This article includes in the section "References" citations to other
    articles A1, A2, ... some of them have a VizieR catalogue V1,V2,...
    The proposed relation makes the relation between V and V1,V2,...

    "References"  is a term used in DataCite schema.

Do the WGs have opinions on this?  I'd suggest comments should be
addressed to the Registry mailing list.

Thanks,

          Markus