Schedule and call for discussion topics Re: Call for contributions to the Registry and DCP sessions at the May 2023 IVOA Interop Meeting in Bologna, Italy

Renaud Savalle renaud.savalle at obspm.fr
Wed Apr 26 16:30:29 CEST 2023

Dear Registry WG,

Thanks for your contributions. The draft schedule for our May 2023
Registry-related sessions at the upcoming IVOA Interoperability hybrid
meeting in Bologna, is now available from the meeting schedule page
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpMay2023 :

The Registry Session will be on Tuesday May 09 2023 @14:00 CEST in Room
216 and online (Session 7):
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpMay2023Registry :
First, Markus will present his "Confessions of a Registry Janitor" as
well as the new features coming with VOResource-1.2. I will give an
update on StandardRegExt -1.1. Then there will be 30-40 mins for
discussion.

*If you'd like to raise topics for that discussion, could you please
share them ahead with the WG using the registry mailing list* (simply
also be monitoring the #registry channel on Slack. Since this is an
hybrid meeting, you will be able participate via Zoom as well (the zoom
links will be posted on meeting schedule page).

Also, there will be a joint session with the Data Curation and
Preservation IG on Wednesday May 10 @09:00 CEST in the Plenary room and
online:
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpMay2023RegistryDCP :
that session will be mostly dedicated to talks about service
registration, tracking data provenance, and using Digital Object
Identifiers (DOIs). As you may know, DOIs are a hot topic for this
meeting, as there will also be a plenary session organized by the DCP IG
and dedicated to "DOIs in Open Science" on Wednesday May 10 @14:00 CEST
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpMay2023DCP

Looking forward to your presence and participation in Bologna, or online !

Renaud Savalle and Tess Jaffe for the Registry Working Group