Call for Registry WG presentations

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Mon Oct 11 18:04:50 CEST 2021

Hello Registry!

Nov 2-4 is the next IVOA interop, which will again be virtual, and with a limited schedule given the timeframe after ADASS. There is one registry session scheduled, tentatively for the evening Nov 4 (UTC). If you have any registry-related work you would like to share, or discussions you would like to see held, please let us know via email ASAP!

Recent topics have included: discussions on standards in progress, proposals for better ways to organize resources, plans and lessons learned from major operational work like VizieR's update of the vast majority of RofR records and the new Registry of Registries at CADC. We are just wrapping up VODataService 1.2, leaving open questions for future versions about space/time/etc coverage in registries. We are also still soliciting comments on SimpleDALRegExt1.2, which includes some vocabulary work and auxiliary capabilities/interfaces. We should spend some time on both of these.

If you would like to present on these or any other Registry topics, please contact myself (dower at stsci.edu) or the Registry WG vice-chair Pierre le Sidaner (pierre . lesidaner at obspm.fr)

Cheers,

--Theresa Dower as Registry WG chair

Archives, STScI